Mark your calendars! The Cheyenne International Film Festival (CIFF) begins with an important pre-festival gathering for anyone wanting to learn about and experience the New Creative Economy. It’s not just about the intrinsic nature of arts and culture as community assets, but also how creative thinking is integrated into day to day activities.
The ECE features hands-on seminars presented by experts and practitioners of digital media arts. Students of all ages including businesses owners, their employees and budding entrepreneurs will learn how to tell their stories better. Other ECE partners will be announced as they consent.
- storytelling – scriptwriting, and story arc
- basic still and motion pictures – composition, lights, sound and camera operation
- digital music production – how to compose your own music
- website design – blogging, email marketing
- social media – how to maximize networks to increase profits
- art integration – how educators can add creating thinking approaches in the classroom
Take away experiences that will enhance existing skills on the job, add new skills if you’re reinventing yourself. There will be a small registration fee, that includes lunch and a ticket voucher for a CIFF film program.
ECE will convene from 9am – 5pm the Hynds Building in Downtown Cheyenne – 1604 Capitol Avenue. There is a small small registration fee and two ticket vouchers for CIFF movie programs. Half of your registration is tax deductible as a charitable contribution.
Stay tuned for more details about seminars and presenters. Even if you don’t plan to attend, please pass the word to your friends and colleagues.